Keeping Your Dog Safe Through Winter
Here are a few tips from our bakers to keep your four-legged friends safe during those cold winter days and nights....
- Did you know that keeping your dog hydrated through the winter is just as important as it is in the summer? Make sure your canine companion has access to as much fresh water as possible.
- To help deal with the cold your dog may need an extra few calories to help retain their body temperature. Remember to always check with your vet first though, especially if your dog is on a special diet.
- Our four-legged friends are just as likely to get frost bite as we are, so try not to leave them outdoors for too long.
- Hide the anti-freeze! This is a dangerous mixture which needs to be kept away from our little friends.
- Dogs have been known to fall in to frozen ponds, lakes and rivers, so be sure to keep them off these as it can have dangerous consequences for dogs and their parents!
- If your dog does spend the majority of their time outdoors, ensure they have the correct outdoor housing' this includes a sloped roof and suitable insulation.
- Lastly, there is nothing that will make your dog's tail wag more than an occasional special treat and a belly rub....!