Pancakes for dogs? Yes, please!
Here’s our pawfect dog pancake recipe
Follow our bakers’ pancake recipe to make your four-legged friends the pawfect treat!
Into the mixing bowl:
- 1 medium egg
- 2tbsps buttermilk
- 2tbsps peanut butter (dog-friendly only – use xylitol free)
- ½ cup quinoa flour (naturally gluten free)
- 2tbsps quick-cook polenta (naturally gluten free)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2-3tbsps water (as needed)
- Oil (as needed)
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Add the buttermilk, peanut butter, quinoa flour, polenta and baking powder.
- Mix all together.
- (The batter should be thick and able to drizzle off a spoon slowly).
- Add water if needed.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat.
- Add a splash of oil to the pan.
- Spoon the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until the underside is golden brown (approx. 2 minutes)
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute.
- Allow to cool.
- Snap a photo of your pancake for your dog and share it with us…
- …Let your lucky four-legged companion dig in to their dog-friendly pancake!
**Always supervise your dog when eating, and ensure your four-legged friend has lots of fresh and clean water on offer. This pancake for dogs recipe is a complementary pet food, intended as an occasional treat only.**
Share your homemade dog pancake photos with our bakers on our social feeds!