Terms & Conditions
Laughing Dog subscriptions
- You will be required to register at www.laughingdogfood.com as a customer in order to set up your Subscription Service.
- There is no limit to the number of subscriptions created per account. A single subscription can be taken out for one dog, or to cover multiple dogs; you can choose how you wish to use our service to suit your individual needs.
- There is no minimum subscription length when you sign up, subscriptions simply roll over until you choose to cancel. You can choose from weekly, fortnightly, monthly, every 6 weeks or every 2 months. After submitting your subscription request, you will receive a welcome e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received and accepted your request to set up a subscription. Once you have set up your subscription service, we will send you the products you have subscribed for at the frequency you have indicated. You will receive a Dispatch Confirmation for each subsequent subscription service order. You can cancel your subscription service at any time before the products are dispatched by logging into your account. If a product is no longer available, we will notify you of this. You will then be able to cancel your subscription service or amend the products in your subscription.
- Once a subscription has been created, no changes can be made until the second payment has triggered. At this point, you will be able to amend frequency, payment date, as well as add and/or remove products. If you make any of these changes after your subscription order has been triggered, the changes will apply to your next order.
- You may pause or cancel your subscription at any time. Please note that a pause on a subscription will place it on hold for a period of 14 days, after which point the subscription will become active again. If you need to cancel your subscription, you can do this within the My Account area.
- If you require to make any changes to your subscription (e.g. removing or adding items, changing billing date or frequency) this can be done from the My Account page. All changes must be made at least 72 hours in advance of your subscription order triggering. This is to allow time for our system to update and for order processing.
- Failed payments – if your payment fails we will notify you via email and/or telephone.
- Offers and Discounts. 15% discount will be applied from your first order. Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with our subscription service. Members only products are exclusive for subscription customers only. Additional discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with subscriptions as you will be classed as a subscription customer (e.g. if you are purchasing a subscription and/or making an ad-hoc purchase in addition to having a subscription), you will not be able to use a discount code. However, you will be able to purchase one off orders using a discount code.
- Delivery – all orders that trigger before 11:30am Monday-Friday, will be dispatched the same day for delivery on the next working day. Any subscriptions that trigger an order after 11:30am on a Friday, will be dispatched the next working day. Please note: we do not process orders or deliver on weekends or bank holidays.
- If we have to make a change to our product pricing e.g. due to an increase in ingredient costs, this will apply to your next subscription.
General usage of Laughing Dog website
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Please read the terms in full before you use this website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website. Using the website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future.
1. Site Access
1.1 You will be able to access the majority of this website without having to register any details with Laughing Dog. (However, some areas of this website will only be accessible if you have registered.)
2. Use Of Website
2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. Site Uptime
3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2 This website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. Visitor Conduct
4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
4.3 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
5. Links To And From Other Websites
5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this website, it is at your own risk.
5.2 If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
(c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website (content and prices) at any time and without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2 The material at this website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these terms may have effect in relation to this website.
7. Exclusion Of Liability
7.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this website.
7.2 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
8. Governing Jurisdiction
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
9. Our Details
9.1 Our business’s name is: Fold Hill Foods Ltd
9.2 Our business address is: Fold Hill Foods Ltd, Old Leake, Boston, Lincs PE22 9RJ
10.1 Delivery is available to mainland UK only. Please see our delivery T&Cs for further information.
10.2 In order for us to reduce our carbon footprint we are no longer sending out paper receipts within your parcel. If you wish to still receive a paper receipt please contact us directly.
11. Competitions / Giveaways / Prize Draws with Laughing Dog
11.1 Please read all our prize draw and competition terms and conditions carefully. Entry into any of our prize draws or competitions is conditional upon acceptance of these terms. By entering, you confirm that you have read these Terms and Conditions and agree to them.
11.2 No purchase is necessary and there are no fees to enter.
11.3 To enter a prize draw or competition you must be A. a UK mainland resident and B. aged 18 years or over.
11.4 Prize draws and competitions are not open to any of Laughing Dog’s employees or other persons professionally connected with the draw. If we partner with a third party to provide the competition / prize draw prize, any employees or other persons professionally connected with the third party are prohibited from entering.
11.5 Only ONE entry per person, unless otherwise stated in the competition promotion. Entry is via one of the following methods; Website, Email, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter.
11.6 The entry and closing date is specified in each prize draw/competition terms. Laughing Dog reserves the right to amend the end date or prize draw/competition details at any time due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
11.7 If entering a prize draw or competition in which you have to submit a photo of a dog, once your photo is submitted, you have agreed for Laughing Dog to use the image for marketing purposes. This may include, but not limited to: our Newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and the Website. Should you be chosen as a winner, you agree to the use of your name in any publicity material (print or digital) that we produce.
11.8 The number of winners and prizes will be stated at the time the competition / prize draw is published, but may be changed at any time by Laughing Dog.
11.9 Unless otherwise stated, winners will be randomly selected at the end date by Laughing Dog. The decision in respect of all matters to do with the prize draw / competition will be final.
11.10 If you win, we will contact you using the method you used to enter the prize draw (e.g. Telephone, Social Media or Email).
11.11 If you do not respond within 14 days of being notified, you will forfeit your prize, and Laughing Dog reserves the right, at its discretion, to choose another winner or to dispose of the prize as it sees fit.
11.12 Neither the full prize, nor part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another without giving notice.
11.13 Laughing Dog will send the prize within 30 days of the prize draw end date, but reserves the right to change this due to reasonable circumstances.
11.14 Our competitions and prize draws are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network.
11.15 Should we use third parties to supply our prizes (for example if we partner with a company or brand), the prize will be subject to their terms and conditions and will have no affiliation with Laughing Dog.
12. Use of Laughing Dog Promo Codes
12.1 Promo codes provided to you will have their value and expiry date/use of terms detailed. (e.g. whether they can be used on your first order or any order). Promo codes will only be able to be used once by a customer – one promo code per household (unless otherwise stated in the terms published with the promo code).
Unless otherwise stated, promo codes will be valid from the time you receive details of them. Promo codes cannot be used in conjunction with other promo codes or offers from us.12.2 Your use of our promo codes is subject to our standard terms and conditions. Please note that some discount codes can only be used if you are logged in (a registered customer) to the website.
12.3 To redeem the promo code, type the promo code into the voucher code box in the checkout section of the website (you will need to create a customer account to use the code) or quote over the phone when purchasing. If you fail to quote the code at the time of purchase, your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Discounts cannot be claimed after you have confirmed your purchase. Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with subscriptions. If you are a subscription customer, you can use a discount code with ad-hoc orders (orders which are not part of a subscription).
12.4 The promo code is not redeemable for cash and we prohibit the posting of promo codes on the internet or any public forum. Please note that some promo codes may detail a minimum spend.
12.5 At our own discretion, we can decide to end or suspend the use of a promo code without any prior notice.
12.6 If you a Blue Light Card holder, you can enjoy an exclusive 25% discount across all Laughing Dog Food products. In order to access your discount code, you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your membership card, which must be clear enough to read your membership number and membership expiry date. If this is not provided, a discount code will not be given. Please note that this discount is exclusive to the Blue Light Card holder only. We will accept orders from those who are members of the same household, but Laughing Dog Food reserves the right to refuse orders outside of these terms.
Laughing Dog Breeder Club
- Are a breeder based in the UK or Northern Ireland and aged over 18.
- Agree to give puppy recommendation packs to all your new puppy owners (free of charge. We will supply free new owner puppy packs up to a maximum of 10 litters per calendar year).
- Our free puppy packs cannot be sold or kept by the breeder or a trainer for their own use. Puppy packs will only be sent once you have placed your first (non-trial) order. Breeders will be suspended from the scheme if we suspect that the scheme is being abused.
- New puppy owners will need to click on www.laughingdogfood.com to sign up to our newsletter to receive further special offers and giveaways fresh from our bakery.
- If a breeder account has been inactive for 6 months we reserve the rights to suspend a breeder and revert them back to general customer.
- Notify us within three weeks of the birth of a new litter so that you can quality for the free new owner puppy packs (you will be asked to provide verification of any new litter registered upon request).
- Purchase a minimum of 2 large bags of Laughing Dog food (7.5kg/10kg/12kg bags) from the Laughing Dog product range on sign up.
- Place a minimum order of 28kg every four months (this can be any large bag of Laughing Dog food). NB all products purchased are for private use only and are not to be resold.
- Laughing Dog reserves the right to change T&C’s at any time.
- Add a link to our website from yours (if you have a website).
Sampling Terms & Conditions
1. Requesting Free Samples of Dog Food
Promotional Terms and Conditions
1.2 If we suspect that you are abusing our free sampling service, we reserve the right not to send free samples. One sample per household. Addresses must be UK mainland to be eligible for free delivery. Samples are 50g.
1.3 Samples of Laughing Dog are subject to availability.
1.4 These products will be hypoallergenic but may contain allergens which will not be appropriate for your dog – please read the accompanying packaging and literature carefully.
2. Sample Promotions via Social Media, Website, Digital Advertising
2.1 From time to time we way run free sampling campaigns via our media platforms, including our website and social media. We reserve the right to suspend or remove such promotions without any prior notice.
2.2 The details of such campaigns and how they run will be clearly explained in the promotion, and might – for example – require you to recommend friends in order for you to receive your sample. Simply follow the links and then submit information as prompted. Promo codes detailed in our sampling promotions can only be used once by a customer (one per household).
2.3 Please allow up to 12 working days for delivery. At the same time will we send you our product information leaflets and price lists, plus details on how to order. Sample packs are usually 50g. One sample per household.
2.4 These products will be hypoallergenic but may contain allergens which will not be appropriate for your dog – please read the accompanying packaging and literature carefully. Feeding guidelines are available online.
2.5 Such promotions are only open to residents of UK Mainland (including Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding our employees, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2.6 By participating in this promotion and requesting a sample to be delivered to you, you are confirming that you have given your approval to receive the gift pack and that any third parties you supply details for have explicitly given their permission to enter the promotion.
2.7 Bulk requests made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible requests and requests which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified.
2.8 Samples are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to send a sample.
2.9 No responsibility is accepted for claims lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. We and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any request, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure. No responsibility will be accepted for samples lost or damaged or delayed in the post.
2.10 We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any participant entering the promotion or as a result of using and feeding the pack to your dog(s). Nothing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
2.11 If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but
not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), we reserve the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the request process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
2.12 If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond our reasonable control and which prevents us from complying with these terms and conditions we will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
2.13 By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by our terms and conditions.
2.14 This promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Staff Sales Terms & Conditions
- Staff members from both Lincolnshire and Liverpool sites have access to a discount of between 60% – 65% on all Laughing Dog Food products.
- Those based at the Lincolnshire site must collect from reception. If they require delivery to another address, a delivery charge may be applied. Staff based at Liverpool can have their order delivered directly to them, although a delivery charge may apply if the subtotal is under £30.
- Staff are permitted to order a maximum weight limit of 30kg per person, per week. This is across all brands, not per brand.
- All staff sale purchases are for personal use only and products are not for re-sale.
- If staff misuse the scheme by attempting to purchase more than the permitted weight limit, or it is found that products are being sold on, the company reserves the right to refuse further orders, and staff may be banned from using the discount indefinitely.
- The discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- Once an employee has left the company, the discount code cannot continue to be used. Orders will be processed at full price.
Promoter: Laughing Dog (Fold Hill Foods Ltd), Old Leake, Boston.
Last updated: 13/05/2022