Enter your search terms in the box below to search our entire site.
Perfected by our very own bakers, this wheat free homemade dog treat is guaranteed to create some tail-wagging (and tongue licking) excitement in the kitchen. Made with banana and sweet potato...
Did you know that dogs can eat bananas? In moderation bananas can make for a tasty and healthy treat for dogs. This well-known superfood is a rich source of potassium, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C and fibre. Bananas are low in sodium and cholesterol, but due to their sugar content, your four-legged friend should only eat them as an occasional treat, and not as a regular part of their diet.
We include bananas in our morning dog treats, but our bakers have recently created a new homemade dog treat recipe for you to try at home. Not only does this banana dog treat taste wonderful, it’s aroma will fill your kitchen with all sorts of mouth-watering aromas….!
Into the mixing bowl:
1 ½ cups sweet potato flour
¼ cup oatmeal
1 ripe banana
1 large baked sweet potato
1 large egg
Making your homemade dog treats:
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C.
2. Into a large mixing bowl add potato, banana, flour, oats and egg.
3. Mix until it comes together.
4. Knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky.
5. Using a cutter cut the biscuits into a shape (we like heart shapes for this one!)
6. Place on a baking tray and bake for 50 minutes or until deliciously golden.
7. Once cool, you and your four-legged friend can enjoy!
*Always supervise your dog when eating, and ensure your four-legged friend has lots of fresh, clean water on offer. This recipe is a complementary pet food intended as an occassional treat only.