Peanut Butter for dogs? Try our homemade peanut butter dog treats!
Bake your four-legged friend 100% dog happy with these homemade grain free peanut butter dog treats! Utterly delicious and packed full of flavour…who can resist these tea-time dog treats?
Remember though – dogs can only have dog-friendly (xylitol free) peanut butter so be sure to use this rather than your own stash!
- 1 ½ cups of almond meal
- ½ cup peanut butter for dogs (ensure it is dog-friendly and does not contain xylitol)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- ¼ – ½ cup water
- Coconut oil
Into the mixing bowl …
- Preheat your oven to 225°C.
- Grease two baking trays with coconut oil.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, sweet potato and water together.
- Divide your dough into two and roll out each part.
- Cut out your biscuits and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool and then dip in yogurt.
- Place in the fridge to set and then let your four-legged friend enjoy!
We made plain peanut butter treats but also then adapted the recipe to include cranberry pieces. We then got even more creative and dusted with some dog-friendly coloured icing. But if you prefer to keep things natural, then these treats are just as delicious left undecorated!
You can share your homemade dog treat photos with our bakers by posting them on our social feeds.
*Always supervise your dog when eating, and ensure your four-legged friend has lots of fresh, clean water on offer. This recipe is a complementary pet food intended as an occasional treat only.
If you’d like to try some of our peanut butter flavoured dog treats, our Fruity Paws, click here. These natural plant based dog treats are 100% vegan and made with natural ingredients.